Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

THIS FAT OLD LADY AND HER NEW BFF LIZZO

Don’t you love discovering things you really, really like?

There is, of course, the question of, “How did I not know about this?”

But you know now, and that’s a goodness.

Making the rounds in the fat community is a lovely music video by rapper/singer Lizzo for her song My Skin.

Lizzo reminds me a lot of Missy Elliot, and I like Missy Elliot a lot.

I watched the video on YouTube (helping out my husband on the (fat) news roundup for the NAAFA newsletter), and saw there were a bunch of Lizzo videos.

Oh boy!

I loved Good as Hell – telling women

 

I loved Let ‘Em Say (with Caroline Smith)

But what really moved me, was a video Lizzo did as part of the Underneath project.  In it, she discusses her journey as a fat woman and a black woman, while removing clothing, wig and makeup.  Exposing the beautiful natural woman on a number of levels.

This is why I am now a fan of Lizzo.  She is as beautiful inside as she is on the outside.




via Fatties United! http://ift.tt/29po6gO