Pages

Friday 6 October 2017

When Fat Activism is Poetry in Motion

2017 FAC StickerI think this may be the longest I’ve gone without blogging since I started!  Everything is fine, just super busy (and many thanks to those of you who checked in on me!) One of the big things I’ve been working on is the fourth annual Fat Activism Conference. I am so very excited about this year’s conference, we have an extraordinary group of speakers and sponsored, coordinated by an amazing Organizing Team. I’m doing all the last minute things this morning but I wanted to take a moment and share a preview of something awesome that is new for this year – the Spoken World Collective – where you’ll hear the work of amazing fat positive poets and spoken word artists!

Once the conference is over I’m looking forward to blogging regularly again! For now, the conference starts today and there’s still time to register. It’s online so you can listen live on your computer or phone, and you get recordings and transcripts so you can also listen and read on your own schedule. Click here to register!

Enjoy these amazing poets and spoken word artists:



via Dances With Fat http://ift.tt/2xZjT0I