Pages

Friday 31 August 2018

TrolloLOLOL!

Oh my sweet, lovely readers! It is not everyday that I have the pleasure of a halfway decently written troll email. Yeah, email! Novel! Ha-ha! This morning I had a message from our new “friend”, Duncan. Here, take a look:

Image result for internet trolls
Prepare yourself for the science of internet trolls…

Hello,

I was wondering about the whole idea of fat pride. Is the idea just that you accept yourself for who you are and your weight? I looked up some statistics from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and I found some interesting information. It said that obesity is linked to the following problems:
  • All-causes of death (mortality)
  • High blood pressure (Hypertension)
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Coronary heart disease
  • Stroke
  • Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
  • Sleep apnea and breathing problems
  • Some cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver)
  • Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders
  • Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning
I want to know if you know that these risks that come with obesity, and how a lot of people in the fat pride movement still choose to accept themselves although obesity leads to many negative health problems. Can you explain why people still choose to accept themselves even though obesity is not good for the human body?
 
Thanks
Image result for internet trolls
Troll make internet mad. Troll like anger. Troll want people as miserable as troll.
It gave me such a smile. So I took another sip of coffee and replied. I’m a writer, after all, it’s kind of what I do. Ha!
Look at you, Duncan. You didn’t bother to read my blog, didn’t bother to post a comment publicly. You felt yourself to be such the expert that you had to reach out to me personally and directly. Why you think it’s any of your business at all, well, I already know why. You’re a cis-male human (I’ll assume you’re caucasian as well since you showed up at my virtual door with a sack of assumptions yourself). This world was ravaged and then rebuilt by your kind. Every system, societal or otherwise, was made by and to benefit you. Social beauty constructs? Yep! That too!

You see, Duncan, and I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here, though I already know how you’ll respond, the word “obesity” as you’re using it and modern medicine chooses to use it, means to over eat. You’re assuming (and we all know what happens when we assume) that I as a fat person must over eat and that is how I got a fat body to begin with and maintain its unseemly physique. Nope. That’s the easy answer for you to tuck yourself in with at night. Life isn’t so simple. I don’t owe you or anyone an explanation for my existence. I don’t owe you or anyone an appearance of your preference.
This is my life and my body. I don’t come into your space, virtual or otherwise, and demand a single thing of you. If you’ve even read this far I hope you will take that alone into consideration. You came into my virtual space and demanded to know personal details about me. Had you read my blog you’d see that I don’t use terms like “fat pride” and there is zero science to back up your ridiculous list of scare tactics that you’re blaming on simply having a large body. Correlation is not causation. You know nothing about the lives of fat people. You only know your own life, as we all do.
It’s a matter of human decency and respect that I ask you to apologize, excuse yourself, do some heavy self reflection, and hopefully be willing to see that other people’s lives and bodies and appearances are no one’s business at all. Period. Try thinking for yourself instead of repeating the marketing buzzwords of profiteers.
If you want to google all the made up stuff you hear and soak in beliefs that only affirm what you already believe, regardless of hard scientific facts, and call it research, so be it. But don’t bring your bullshit to my door and expect me to grovel. Fuck off, Duncan!
Image result for don't owe you
You do NOT have to explain yourself
Oh I forgot to congratulate him on his cut and paste skills! My bad! He didn’t bother to reformat what he grabbed directly from the CDC website to even make it look like he knew what he was talking about. It’s so close to almost being effort. We should totes give him brownie points for trying to try, no? Ha-ha! I find it completely sad when someone has nothing better to do with themselves or their lives than to get mad that fat people exist. I hope he finds the love and support in his life that he is so painfully lacking currently. I do want that, for everyone, though. I hold no hate in my heart for the haters, they seem to have that whole hate-side of things covered, ya know?
I genuinely want people, all people, to think for themselves. I want everyone to question things and to think critically of all we are “told”. When you come from a place of such privilege to feel it your absolute right to talk to someone in the way you see above, it is pointless to even attempt to respond how they would like you to. They already feel that they are better than or above the person they are attacking, and though mildly worded, that was a personal attack. I don’t take these things lightly, though I do take them with a grain of salt, as they say.
Image result for don't owe you
Is ‘fat’ really the worst thig a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or cruel’? Not to me. J.K. Rowling
Look, I get trolls telling me to kill myself, that I should be put out of my misery by gun or cannon, shipped to a deserted island, and worse. This mostly happens here on this blog. However, this person emailed me directly, not through my blog. They came at me with this bullshit and I am not here for that or them. I share this to illustrate that it doesn’t matter who we are or what we do in the world, some jackass white guy will always pop up to push us down. Fuck them! Live your life on your own terms, friends. These fuckers will never change. We don’t have to respond or react to them. That is our choice.
Rad Fatty Love to ALL,

<3
S


P.S. Check out and use the hashtag: #FatAndFree on Instagram & Facebook!

Check out the Fat AF podcast on your favorite podcast app for all things fat sex with me and my BFF, Michaela! (You can listen straight from the web, too!)

Donate to this blog here: https://ift.tt/2zKvPnQ

My blog’s Facebook page for things I share that aren’t on this blog (and updated daily): http://on.fb.me/1A18fAS 

Or get the same “shared” content on Twitter: @NotBlueAtAll

Are you on MeWe? I started a fat-feminist group there called, Rad Fatties Unlimited, look for it!

I also have an Instagram, though I need to get back into posting there: https://ift.tt/1NpWevR

And as always, please feel free to drop me a line in comments here or write me an email, I love hearing from readers. (Tell me your troubles, I don’t judge.): notblueatall@notblueatall.com



via I'm Not Blue at All https://ift.tt/2PjrGOm