Pages

Monday 12 July 2021

Talking Weight Stigma with FatDoctorUK Natasha Larmie

Blue background with pictures of Natasha Laramie, a fat white woman with a brown bob and red dress and Ragen Chastain, a fat white woman with long curly hair and a red dress with text "The Fat Doctor Podcast with Dr. Natasha Larmie & Ragen Chastain"
My picture by Lindley Ashline
https://bodyliberationphotos.com/

If you’re not following @FatDoctorUK on Instagram then I highly recommend doing that right now. She has created a new podcast and I had the extreme honor and joy to be on episode 2! We talked all about weight stigma and despite a not-so-fun topic, we had a great time together.

You can listen here!

UPCOMING ONLINE WORKSHOP:

Getting Jiggly With It – Movement in a Fat Body

Movement/fitness/exercise by any definition is never an obligation or barometer of worthiness. But for fat people who want to move our bodies within a fat positive framework, a fatphobic culture can create barriers, misinformation, and other difficulties. In this workshop we’ll explore tips, tricks, and information to help us move our bodies for our own reasons and on our own terms.. (This workshop can also be helpful to fitness pros who want to create a fat-positive practice!). There will also be a video of the talk provided, and an unlimited live Q&A (I stay until all the questions are answered!) so you are guaranteed to get the information you came for!

Details and Registration: https://danceswithfat.org/monthly-online-workshops/
*This workshop is free for DancesWithFat members – login info is on the member page
Become a member here!

Missed one of my workshops? You can still get the video here!

Like This Blog? If you appreciate the work that I do, you can support my ability to do more of it with a one-time tip or by becoming a member. (Members get special deals on fat-positive stuff, a monthly e-mail keeping them up to date on the work their membership supports, and the ability to ask me questions that I answer in a members-only monthly Q&A Video!)

Book Me!  I’d love to speak to your organization (and I can do it remotely!) You can get more information here or just e-mail me at ragen at danceswithfat dot org




via Dances With Fat https://ift.tt/3i57UWK