Pages

Friday 24 September 2021

My Trip to Fad Camp

When I got the invitation to be a guest on the Fad Camp podcast , which deals with diet culture through comedy, I couldn’t agree to be a guest fast enough. As the cherry on top of this fabulous fat cake, several years ago I got a chance to visit Ireland and I fell in love with the place. Since I’m not traveling right now for COVID reasons, that made it an extra treat to sit down with the fabulous Grace – if I can’t be in Ireland, at least she can!

Our episode covers topics from fat liberation in general, to the problem with actors in fat suits, to fat athletes and the bullshit of the good fatty/bad fatty dichotomy, and more.

You can listen to it, and their other hilarious episodes, here!

UPCOMING ONLINE WORKSHOP:

Dealing With Fatphobia At The Holidays

Between in-person and online family gatherings, work parties, New Years bashes, New Years Resolution, and a ton of diet ads… the holiday season can be a perfect storm of fatphobia. Plus this year all the talk of COVID-related body changes adds another layer of nonsense All that diet culture can really get you down. In this workshop we’ll talk about tips, tricks, and techniques to help us deal and have a happy holiday season on our own terms – whether we celebrate any holidays or not.

Full details and Registration: https://danceswithfat.org/monthly-online-workshops/
*This workshop is free for DancesWithFat members – login info is on the member page
Become a member here!

Missed one of my monthly workshops? You can still get the video here!

Like This Blog? If you appreciate the work that I do, you can support my ability to do more of it with a one-time tip or by becoming a member. (Members get special deals on fat-positive stuff, a monthly e-mail keeping them up to date on the work their membership supports, and the ability to ask me questions that I answer in a members-only monthly Q&A Video!)

Book Me!  I’d love to speak to your organization (and I can do it remotely!) You can get more information here or just e-mail me at ragen at danceswithfat dot org



via Dances With Fat https://ift.tt/3i2khnE