Pages

Friday 25 November 2022

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving yesterday was turkey roasted in a bag; stuffing with mushrooms, water chestnuts, and cashews; green bean casserole; followed by apple crisp. Fridge is full, but it’s not like we emptied it beforehand.

Today I had a blueberry muffin with coffee. Around 11 I heated a bowl of leftover veggie curry, then around 2 a bowl of stuffing mixed with bites of turkey. Later I had some cheese and crackers.

Mentioning what I eat tends to cause all sorts of reactions in others. Some are aghast that I eat meat, veggies, fruit, or carbs. Others are aghast that I don’t eat more meat, veggies, fruit, or carbs. Weighing 400lbs means that a lot of people assume it’s something I eat or don’t eat.

You know what?

FUCK THAT

It took me a long time to let go of my most noticeable food hang-ups.

I don’t claim I have to have exorcised them all.

But the point is, I eat when I’m hungry. I stop when I’m full. Approval of random people is not required.



via Living ~400lbs https://ift.tt/ZwgHyDF