Pages

Thursday 12 January 2023

Doctors and dentists and blood, oh my!

Last week I noticed my jaw was hurting a bit. Always in the same place. Was something wrong? It went away over the weekend, but came back on Monday. It was bad enough on Monday that I called the dentist.

I soon had an appointment for Wed afternoon.

In the meantime, I took a Tylenol (which helped my jaw) and kept my GYN appointment.

Yeah, GYN. Mostly we’re monitoring some perimenopause-type things and treating uterine/fibroid bleeding with a hormone – progestin.

(Funny how “your hormones are a bit weird, let’s supplement” is old hat when you’re cis but Very Very Suspect if you’re trans but Oh Well…)

Anyway, visit went well, prescription renewed, request to schedule another ultrasound to see if the fibroids are growing, all good.

Tuesday night I realized “Hey, my jaw doesn’t hurt. It didn’t hurt at all today. Huh.”

Wednesday morning I was very conscious that (a) my jaw kept clenching and starting to grind my teeth and (b) I shouldn’t do that. I DO sleep with a night guard aka bite guard, and I DID remember to take it to the dentist with me. So we checked that it fits, it isn’t staring to crack, and so forth. Verdict was that the pain was probably due to stress and I should check during daytime that I’m not grinding my teeth.

Oh and I need two small filling that are completely unrelated to the pain I’d been having. Appointment in February. Joy.

Finally I have an appointment to do a brief blood check Thursday to confirm my blood thinner is at a good dosage for me.

In all:

  • I really really tend to stress about medical stuff and I need to plan how to destress besides drinking coffee.
  • I have time to do relaxing things.
  • I don’t have to worry about everything in the news.
  • It’s OK to spread these things out so I don’t have to do it all in one week.

Anyway, time to see if the imaging center has the info to schedule my ultrasound.



via Living ~400lbs https://ift.tt/K3zCtuF