Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Trying to Rise from the Ashes

Wow, tonight sucked.  President-elect Donald Trump.  I’m not okay with this, and I don’t know how we as a nation are okay with this.  (I’m pretty sure that we as a nation aren’t actually, and that voter suppression played a huge role.)

It got me thinking about what I can do, in my little corner of the universe, to make things better and brighter.  I’ve been meaning to set up a Patreon for some time.  I have a full-time job, so it’s not about the cash, but about the emotional validation of someone liking my writing enough to pay money for it. (I kind of get that at my job, but they pay me more for my XML skills and my ability to beat Microsoft Office into submission than the quality of my prose.) And, it’s about raising money for good causes by doing the work I’m already doing—writing about fat acceptance and social justice from my geeky progressive Christian perspective.

So, if you feel inclined to toss a few bucks my way, I will happily accept them and pass them along to four awesome organizations:  Planned Parenthood, NAAFA, the Ali Forney Center, and the International Rescue Committee.  And, since looking out for women’s reproductive choices, fat people, LGBTQ youth, and refugees is the absolute opposite of Trump’s stated goals, it’s a nice little protest against the soon-to-be Dumpster Fire-In Chief.




via Kelly Thinks Too Much https://kellythinkstoomuch.wordpress.com/2016/11/09/trying-to-rise-from-the-ashes/